The Living Screen
a green wall-covering system constructed of welded mesh
The Living Screen is a modular parallel-panel system welded together to create a growing area for vine plants. This panel system is attached to a building using standoffs to improve wall durability. Vines are planted below the screens and maintained to encourage natural growth, winding back and forth between the panels covering the walls.
The Living Screen can also be anchored to posts to create a fence, a free-standing wall, or a trellis system.
Living Screen panels can be incorporated with existing or new construction. The panels offer a wide range of benefits: improving energy efficiency, increasing building attractiveness, and improving air quality.
Living Screens are often used as exterior cladding on large concrete-sided buildings -- especially parking garages.
The Western Group provides project-specific design assistance to ensure a successful installation.
- Standard Opening: 3" on center mesh - custom patterns are available
- Panel Width: 2' to 8'
- Panel Length: 2' to 16'
- Multiple panels can be used on one wall
- Standard Wire: 10 gauge A-82 mild steel
- 16 gauge A-569 used for flashing
- Pre-drilled mounting holes
- Partial or Full-length flashing
- Full set of attachment hardware
- Custom size panels
- Range of finishes: hot dip galvanized, exterior-grade powder coated, stainless steel
Living Screen Fence Connection
Living Screen Wall Mount Attachment System
Living Screen Attachment
108200 living screen spec